Friday, July 3, 2009

Kayaking in Wawa -- Asha's


Wawa – Kayaking
So, I get out of bed at like 8:45 and then hurry and put my bathing suit on and eat some cereal. Mom and I walked down to the little hut with all the kayaks and wet suits. It was freezing outside. We got to the hut thing and our instructor, Ashley gave us wet suits, life jackets, jackets, and skirts for our kayaks. We went in a little place to change. Mom had a hard time getting her wet suit on. She kept falling on me! But finally, we got our stuff together and went out to the beach. Our kayaks were waiting but first, we had to go over some rules and how to paddle and get in and out of the kayaks properly. Then Ashley showed us how to get out of your kayak if it tipped over. Next… It was our turn… We had to go out a little way from shore, tip ourselves over in our kayaks and then get out. The water was freezing, and I had to do it three times. It wasn’t all that fun. After that, we went and changed into dry wet suits and then went on a little trip down the river. I got stuck twice, once in a tree and once on a rock. We went by a water fall; I was scared that I would accidently kayak into the fall itself. But I didn’t! We kayaked for two hours and then made our way back to the beach we started on. When I got out of the kayak, I couldn’t feel my hands, knees, or feet. I was waddling like a duck and I was freezing cold. We rushed back to our room to take showers and I burnt all of my fingers because I turned the water on so hot. Now they are swelled up like sausages and very hard to type with!

2 comments:

  1. Asha I am soo proud of you! You tried something new and perhaps it was not best experience but I'm sure you will remember it for a while.

    ReplyDelete