Monday, June 22, 2009

Spokane part II




Got up early this am to check out Spokane before we head out. Wish we had another day here. This is a great place for roaming. The riverfront walk is beautiful. If my kids were four or five years younger, I could see spending a weekend here. along the riverwalk are multiple parks geared at every level, a ferris wheel and small amusement park, an IMAX theater, lots of waterfalls and even a giant wagon with a slide (which I had to try). towards the end of the walk are the Spokane falls. We wandered back and forth over several bridges just to get different views of this phenomena. It's so nice to have nature so present in the middle of a city.
Also downtown, which is right along the riverfront is lots of shopping including two great stores: Aunties and Uncles. Aunties is a huge, borderesque bookstore and Uncles is a wonderful toy store that emphasizes puzzles, board games and other problem solving games (no electronic games at all). They all looked great to me but I didn't think my kids would play any of them, unfortunately. I think younger kids could practically spend a day in these two shops (we wandered into them yesterday to get a break from the rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment