Friday, June 19, 2009

June 17th -- Asha's


June 17, 2009
Today, Mom woke me up too early after she and grandma had walked all over the town. I laid in bed for about ten minutes while she yelled at me to get out of bed. I finally got up and had some Coco Puffs for breakfast and some grape juice. Then we packed up the car and got ready to leave. We drove a while to our hike. I can’t remember what it was called though. Like Stout Grove or something. We took a nice hike through the red woods there. The hike was nice, because it was the perfect weather, and the trail was a little damp but not soaking wet. After our hike, we drove to Taylor’s Sausages and had lunch. I had the special of the day, chicken stew and a biscuit. It was really good, but I couldn’t eat it all because I was starting to feel sick from the car. Mom had a plain sausage dog and Grandma had a cheese sausage dog. It was really yummy! There was a Dairy Queen across the street, but I wasn’t really in the mood! After lunch we headed out, kind of on our way to our chateau, we stopped at two wineries along the way, Bridgeview and Foris. They were pretty boring for me since I didn’t get to try any wine or anything. When we were done with the wine, we drove to our chateau. Grandma almost drove us off the road! She drives so close to the cliff side of the road! We arrived at the chateau and checked in and brought all our stuff to our room. Mom and Grandma went on a little walk and I took a shower. The hotel place is 100 years old this year! It looks pretty old too! When they got back from their walk, they took showers! Now we’re going to watch Friday Night Lights! And dinner is at 6:30 in the chateau’s restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. NO DQ, you must really not be feeling well. Maybe tomorrow you can get up early and surprise everyone so they do not have to yell at you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the phone -- I don't think you can text from that one! Staying at the chateau sounds like fun -- and a perfect time to try French food (or at least french toast...)

    ReplyDelete